Learn how to clear the caches and data accumulated on your iPhone and iPad. Your devices will gain storage space and performance!
We explain you how to clear caches and data accumulated on your iPhone and iPad. Your devices will gain storage space and performance!
Is your iPhone or iPad running slow? A message tells you that you’re running out of space to save photos? It’s time to do some sorting!
In this tutorial, we give you the steps to clear your iOS cache and recover storage space.
Clear Safari browser cache
To give your iOS or iPadOS some power back, we recommend clearing Safari’s cache. This memory system allows you to display recently visited web pages more quickly.
Note that when you clean it, you will be automatically logged out of the web pages. If this is not a problem for you, then follow these 4 steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Settings
- Select Safari.
- Tap on the Clear History, Site Data option.
- Confirm on Delete.
Delete the cache of applications
Data saved by other applications, which require a lot of storage space, can also be deleted. Here is the way to do it:
- Go to Settings
- Go to General, then iPhone Storage.
- Among the proposed applications, select the most greedy.
Then, you will have the choice between Unload App to free up space while keeping the documents and data associated with it or Delete App to permanently delete it from your iOS.
If you wish, you can download it again via the Apple Store.
Restart your iPhone or iPad
Usually, your iOS automatically frees up space by deleting cached data wandering in the system.
It also seems that turning on your iPhone every now and then can relieve its memory and fully enjoy your favorite apps.
- Press and hold the Power/Sleep button until you see the Turn off option.
- For newer generations of iPhone (iPhone X and up), press the Power/Sleep Button and the Volume Control at the same time.
- Drag the Power Off slider.
- When your device is completely off, press the Power/Sleep button again to turn it back on.
Using the PhoneClean app
iMobie has developed the PhoneClean app, which is entirely dedicated to cleaning your iOS devices.
There are also packs that allow you to clean your iPhone or iPad more thoroughly, and even recover deleted data.
We advise you to take advantage of the Phone Clean trial version to test it before paying:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac via a USB cable.
- Open PhoneClean and click on Scan.
- After the scan, select Quick Clean (temporary files) or Deep Clean (current usage data), then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click Clean.
Some of PhoneClean’s advanced features, such as Photo Caches, which as the name suggests removes photo caches, are not free.